Buying a Hatchback
Garwin Beukes - Six hatchbacks. That's the number I've owned in my mere 25
years of existence. Why though? Well prepare yourself for a few weeks of pro's
- They aren't a lot smaller than a normal sedan. No, really - with the
evolution of vehicles, hatchbacks offer plenty of seating and some serious space in the boot
as well. One good example is Volkswagen's Golf 7.5 which is a lot bigger than you would
- They're better to park with. An essential factor especially
at month end in Windhoek's CBD.
- More affordable - 10/10 times the hatchback version is
cheaper than the sedan (the same car).
- Easier to maneuver in tight spaces. Changing lanes in traffic
lines is dreadful in a sedan - although, our taxi drivers don't mind. Even with
- Combines power, handling and comfort all in a small package!
Catch us next week for more on why to own a hatchback.